Sunday, March 16, 2008

My Newly Aquired Upholstery Skills: Installment 1

I inherited this chair frame from my Great-Grandfather Snyder and have been housing it for a few years now. I have finally decided to do something about it. I have checked out quite a few how-to books from the library and have read a lot of information on how to upholster. I am really, really enjoying it and am going to be quite sad when it's over with. Here are a few photos of what I have done so far!

Before I had done anything to it:
After I took it apart, stained it, put it back together (it's a lot more sturdy now), and decided not to put the arms back on it:
After I strapped it with webbing and sewed the springs onto it: (I didn't realize you can see a glimpse into my messy and very art/craft-filled apartment. By the way, that entire bookshelf you're seeing part of, is entirely engulfed with quilting stuff...)

Check up again soon to see it becoming more and more like a usable chair!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin