Thursday, March 27, 2008

Still-Life

I did this drawing for my Drawing class last semester. I spent about 10-12 hours on it, and it turned out quite nicely. It's done on half of a sheet of paper (about 18" x 24") with a number of graphite pencils. The brownish hint is due to the fact that I saved the image in a RGB format instead of a regular CMKY format (better for projection or making slides, but worse for computer screen images).
I am quite happy with pieces that I calm down, slow down, and am patient in creating. I can do some nice things if I take the time to do it. I especially like the reflections off of the metal teapot and the close up granite-like design in the rock.

1 comment:

ThemFreds said...

I don't remember seeing that still life drawing. I really like it. Did you sell it?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin