Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Tribute to my Great-Grandmother

Here is something that I did for a final in my framing class. I made this ensamble out of things from my Great-Grandmother, Ivy. There are two photos of her, one when she is an infant, and one when she is 80-something. She made the lace herself and the buttons and pins are all from her personal life-long collection. I made this piece for my mother and gave it to her this last Christmas.
The frame is handmade from MDF and painted to have a Boston Finish. There is a floating mat, the matting and frame are museum quality, the entire piece is about a foot by a foot and a half, and it's really, really heavy.

1 comment:

Brittany Hall said...

This- is AMAZING!! I'm so sad to be moving away before you can teach me everything! You are so talented. Shame on me for not getting to know you sooner. Arg!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin