Thursday, February 12, 2009

Watercolor

Here are some of the watercolor paintings that I have been doing for my watercolor block class.
I have been fascinated with the abstraction and pure characteristics of watercolor. I'm not sure why, but I think it has to do something with how I was originally taught to use watercolor, and I am breaking away from that notion. I love the way the watercolor bleeds and mixes and have tried to capitalize on that in some of the pieces.
As you can see, none of these are realistic. While I have done a few realistic paintings in this watercolor class, they are definitely not my favorite ones. I have really enjoyed going crazy and not doing the typical realistic paintings that I used to.
I used drawing ink on some of them, and others I used white watercolor paint (I've never used white watercolor paint before because it's not used by "purist watercolorists," which was apparently who I was originally taught by, but it's incredible!).
Enjoy! (Click on the image to see it bigger)

2 comments:

The Osborne Family said...

Ooooooohhh...I like!!!

erin said...

Wow these are awesome! You are so good.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin