Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ode to Winter- Intaglio

Here is my latest (and I must say greatest) project. It's a two-plate registration intaglio print, which means that I had two plates that I ran through with different colors to create a multiple-dimension print. I think it turned out really well. Because my final print is still at school waiting to be graded, I only have this color proof. This print isn't in the colors of the final. (I was experimenting with color combinations before I printed my final print.) This one has the green geometric shape over the gray background, but I changed the green to a striking blue because the green didn't show up as much as I wanted.
I really like the blue and gray on the gray paper. I like they way that the colors combine to create a subtle gradient and emphazises the gray-day feel of winter. Thankfully, we just received out LAST snowstorm [hopefully]. I'm really ready for the flowers to start blooming. (Click on the image to see it zoomed!)
Here is one of my past projects, a linoleum relief cut. It didn't turn out as well as I was hoping, at all. I printed it with a mixture of lavender, white, and silver ink to create this purple metallic sheen, but it didn't print very well.

1 comment:

The Osborne Family said...

Beautiful! That's really neat!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin