Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Doilie Curtain

A while ago I saw a picture of a designer curtain embellished with doilies and I just fell in love with it. Since then, I have been asking my mom, grandmas, and aunts for any doilies they have laying around and don't want. I also have had one aunt call me up whenever she has found them for pretty cheap at stores. I found a bag of 85 teeny doilies at a local antique shop and gathered the rest from anywhere else I could find them.My first thought was to hand-sew them all on, but I'm very glad I didn't, and decided to go with trusty Elna to do the hard work. It didn't take as long as I thought it would to actually sew them all on, but don't look too closely either.I found the cafe clips at the DI (one of those amazing finds!) and they are perfect, because I didn't want to cut holes two feet from the top of the curtain, just in case I need the curtain taller at a later date. (The curtain is tall enough to hang from our ceiling, and my original idea was to do just that, separating the baby's room from the office. Now it's not necessary because we were able to move into an apartment where the baby gets his own room!) I love how a room feels once curtains are hung. Another bonus of having a curtain: it covers up the air conditioner sticking out of our window!

1 comment:

Lydja said...

I love this beautiful curtain! What a wonderful idea! I think everything you think of is amazing, what can I say?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin