Thursday, July 23, 2009

Father's Day Cows

Several years ago, I made a cow painting. My dad loved it and so I ended up giving it to him (I didn't care for it so much myself). He loved it so much, he brought it to work and hung it up in his office. My dad's family had cows growing up, and when my grandpa still had his farm, I remember going out to "help" him tend the cows.
For Father's Day this year, I wanted to give my dad another painting, and I thought it would be fitting to do another cow painting. It's watercolor with ink detail. I really enjoy working with watercolor and I think it turned out really nicely. This is one of my favorite watercolors of all time. Thankfully, my Father was here for Father's Day, so I got to see him receive it [and a coupon for german-chocolate chocolate chip cookies!] :)Here's a close-up:

2 comments:

Deetzfam said...

That is quite impressive!

Carrie said...

I like it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin