Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Little Fairygodmother

I was reminded today of some books that I have written and illustrated.  So far, I have written and illustrated 4 books (and just illustrated one other), one for my mom, one for my dad, one for my sweetheart, and one for a 1st grade assignment.  I decided to show you the two that I have here.


My very first book. I am very proud of this book. I remember tediously working over the pages and illustrations. I also remember that one of my classmates was just drawing pictures and didn't get his story in the book.  My teacher got really mad at him and I felt badly for this boy.  I also felt badly because he had just broken his arm and had to make his whole book with his left hand :(

 

Well, I specifically chose to show you this page because I remember how long it took me to draw the hippopotamus with his mouth open and all of the teeth.  I decided that because it took so long, I was going to draw him with his mouth closed. That's why the words say, "He laughed and laughed. He could not stop laughing" but his mouth is closed.  And why he is wearing makeup, I'm not sure.

I wanted to include the copy write and About the Author page because I think they are just so special. I love seeing the crazy handwriting and the crooked lines.  My favorite part of the whole thing: the 7 that was drawn backwards, then I went back in and tried to correct it. Instead it just looks like a funky number 4. haha.

3 comments:

RobisonWells said...

Holy crap, that's depressing. You were in first grade in 1994? I was a sophomore in high school.

I feel very old right now.

Natalie said...

haha! I didn't mean to make you feel old!

RobisonWells said...

I told Erin, and she feels even worse: she was a freshman at BYU in 94. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin