Friday, December 11, 2009

Figure Painting

Yesterday was officially the last class of fall semester! It was a fantastic semester and I loved my classes. One of the classes that I took was figure painting from Chris Thornock. He was a great figure painter and really taught us how to use oils.  I really did not like oils when I took this class, but he had wonderful excercises and activities that helped us develop our figure stills as well as our painting skills. 

With yesterday being the last class, we reviewed all of our in-class art and was critiqued on it before given our final grade.  Now that I can finally bring home all of my work, I can show you!  With the exception of the acrylics, all of them are pretty small, not bigger than 11 inches.  Here are a few of the things I made:


Acrylics



Oil on Cardboard (weird, I know, but it was a lot of fun!)



Oil on canvas or paper



1 comment:

Craig & Jen said...

I LOOOOOOVE the first one. i am quite impressed with your skills

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin