Friday, January 8, 2010

Salon Style- the Finale


This is the show that I am currently exhibiting a small piece in.  The reception was last night so I went and took some pictures for all of you slackers that didn't go, haha.




The concept of this show was based around the odd abstract form hanging from the ceiling.  An oil-painting teacher built it with the intention to have his class paint it.  Then, my watercolor teacher saw it and loved it and had our class paint it as well.  So, the exhibit is a collection of watercolor and oil paintings based on/inspired by that sculpture. 

I really enjoyed this assignment, and I was (mostly) impressed with the work that came out of it.  This is my small piece:

Here are some of my favorites from my classmates:
Mary Ellen-



Amazing Whitney-


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin