Thursday, February 4, 2010

Patterned Painting

I just finished this painting. I know it's kinda hard to see because the flash on my camera makes the paint glossy.  We had to paint a jar with a patterned object behind or inside.  (By the way, I was the only one that painted something that wasn't patterned fabric, so I feel special)  I really like how the lines are bent through the glass.
We also had to paint this painting in layers of glazes.  Because of that, we start with a bright color under and then slowly move into more unsaturated, more realistic colors.  I really enjoyed this because it's completely different than any other way that I've painted. I like the blue showing through in the outlines.

2 comments:

The Osborne Family said...

I like it!

Mrs. Fuhs said...

I LOVE how the patterned item looks through the glass. I am so impressed! You are EXTREMELY talented!!!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin