Friday, March 5, 2010

CUAC

The Central Utah Art Center has the exhibition, "Utah Ties," opening up this next weekend (March 11-12th). They had a "Call for Entries" last week and I was accepted!  I am so excited!  The CUAC is in Ephriam, UT, so we're taking a drive down there soon to drop off my piece.
I had to frame it yesterday (along with MANY other things) and I remembered how much I really enjoy making my frames. It's so refreshing to work on something from start to finish.  I had a teacher recommend a specific way of framing the piece and showed me how to do it. In the end, I think it turned out really well even though I messed up a bit.  I first painted a few coats of this experimental "oops" paint that I got from the home improvement store for $.50.  I really like the color, but I decided to paint it black.  I just finished painting the frame black this morning (that's why it's shiny, it's not dry yet) and it will be ready to hang!  I'm so excited that I got in and it will be nice to see all of the other pieces.  From the past, the other pieces in the show have been amazing.  Go and check it out for yourself!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin