Saturday, March 27, 2010

Exhibitions

I currently have three pieces in shows right now and I will be applying to another in the next two weeks.  It's exciting!  Here are the pieces and the shows that I am in:

#1. The Central Utah Art Center "Utah Ties" Exhibit. I know I have already posted about this, but I'm so happy and you should all go see the amazing show.  I had my "Stool" piece accepted. It's oil and encaustic.  I wrote more about this piece in this post.

#2. The BYU Annual Student Show.  I applied with one piece, this oil painting, but after I showed my art to a teacher, he told me to turn in a second, so I have two in the show!  So exciting!  Yes, they are "sister" paintings, but one is oil and the other is watercolor.  My mom helped me frame the watercolor and I think it turned out so nicely! 
The Student Show will be up in the HFAC for practically the entire month of April. Go see it!  It's going to be amazing!  I originally wrote about them in this post.

#3. I haven't decided which piece I'll put into the Springville Spring Salon, but I will.  I'll let you know soon.

#4.  The most obvious of all-- My Solo Show! It goes up April 27th.  I am incredibly stressed right now, but it's going to be amazing. I haven't decided how many pieces will be shown, but I'm thinking about 10-12.  The art will be a range of watercolor, oil, acrylic, letterpress, and beeswax.  There will be a reception (I still need to get it approved) tentatively planned for April 28th from 5-7pm, 4th floor of Harris Fine Arts Center, West Hallway.  I hope all of you come!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin