Saturday, June 26, 2010

3-D Ceiling-Paper

I was able to go through some of the historical homes in my city this weekend in celebration of the 4th of July coming up.  We looked through about 8 homes in about a block of downtown.  While some of the homes were kept in the super-traditional furniture, artwork, and decor, others were extremely modern. One home (which I told my husband I absolutely LOVED), was filled entirely with large artwork.  I think there was an artist living there, because about 80% of the artwork was VERY large and done by the same artist, with several other pieces of two or three other artists.  Anyway, at the top of their stairs, there was this small room, with no furniture in it at all.  I took a couple pictures on my phone--take a look:

Well, this room was only about 4-5 feet wide and 6 feet deep.  There was no furniture, only one window, and a bright red chandelier.  Then, two large paintings on either side and one smaller painting.  That was it--a room just for paintings!  But also, if you can't tell, the entire ceiling was decked out with black and white paper flowers!  LOVE IT!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin