Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Firecracker Decoration Tutorial

I was in need of some Fourth of July decorations, and I am running out of time, so I made these cute firecracker decorations for my front door.  They were super easy.

1. I took some toilet paper rolls and fortified them with heavy cardboard.  Then I cut some cones out of some heavy scrap paper.
 

2. Under each cone, tie a bead so that the firecracker hangs on the bead.  I forgot to do it on the first cone, and it was a pain to take it all apart.

3. Use packing tape to tape the cone on the tube.  I did the same thing for the bottoms, but I forgot to take a picture of it.

4.  On a sheet of CardStock, tape ribbons to the inside. I put beads on the ribbons for a little extra bling.  Then wrap the paper around the tube and tape on with packing tape.

5. Cut some fabric and wrap it around the cone and the tube. I used Mod Podge, and glue and I think the Mod Podge worked better.

6.  Decorate the tubes with sequins, ribbons, beads, and whatever else you can find.

Enjoy and have a great Independence Day!

1 comment:

Lydja said...

I still think about these all the time. I might try something similar for Edin's "outer space birthday party." It's like a combination for rockets and space stuff.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin