Friday, June 11, 2010

Sunny Belliston Taylor

I have had the pleasure of studying with Sunny for the last few years. Not only has she been a wonderful teacher, but I absolutely LOVE her artwork.
(I know. The rain had fun with my hair)
She has an exhibit up in the Salt Lake Art Barn until July 22nd.  Tonight I was able to go drool over look at her art.  Here are some of the pictures that I took, but the pictures on her website are better, as well as a few pictures of her sketches and inspiration photos.

Here is a little bit about her art, in her own words,  "[This art] is a series of small, sculptural paintings that reference the modernist shaped canvases of such artists as Frank Stella and Imi Knoebel. These small, sculptural paintings will be both complemented by and juxtaposed by some larger panel paintings that explore form in a more illusionary way, with a visual push and pull between flatness and depth."
I highly encourage you to go see her art at the Art Barn if you're in Utah for the next month.  Not only do you get to see Sunny's art but two other fantastic artists as well, Al Denyer and her amazing pencil drawings of the Mississippi, and Aurora Hughes Villa with gorgeous ceramics.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin