Monday, July 26, 2010

Christmas in July

Thank you for all of your input and suggestions for my header.  So far, it's a tie, so I'm waiting a few more days for all you stragglers out there to get in your vote before I possibly change my header.

I have been seeing all of these super fun ideas for Christmas lately, and it just got me so excited to make things.  I have a couple of ideas for all of you too.  Not only are handmade Christmas gifts fun to make, but they save you money, allow your creativity to come out, and give you pride in your achievements, well, at least for me.  I LOVE making things for Christmas.  In fact, I don't think we gave a single gift this last year that wasn't hand-made.  That's the way to go!

So, here are some things that I have made in the past with a short explanation.

Nativity.  My family (extended and immediate) all LOVE nativities. They are great, and you can hardly ever have too many of them.  These are nice because they're SUPER cheap to make and kids can play with them!

I added some detailing that I think is pretty cute (the curly "corners" of the beard).

Onesies for the little ones.  Make some with ties, trucks, animals, flowers, names, or even *trend alert* mustaches.  I really want to make a mustache one for my little boy :)

Clips.  Perfect for little girls and big girls. I love wearing flowers and cute clips, and I consider myself mostly grown-up.  It's so nice to use up all your old scraps and beads too.

Stuffed animals.  There are so many cute and free tutorials and patterns out there, and they really don't take very much time. Add a rattle or bell inside and babies love them!  This one is a rhino, but I've made elephants, bunnies, and giraffes.

Home-made cards.  These two examples are Lithograph prints and watercolors, but you could make cards out of anything.  I know my mom LOVES getting blank cards, because we all seem to run out so fast!  I swear it's all those baby showers and wedding receptions I go to...

Enjoy thinking about Christmas! I can't wait to see what you make for your loved ones.  If you have any photos, send them my way!

1 comment:

Laser Pegs said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin