Sunday, July 18, 2010

Stained Glass

If you've been over to my apartment in the last six months or so, you might have noticed this amazing and gorgeous piece of stained glass in my front window.  It is so beautiful.  I look at it everyday and take in every little detail.  (The bar in the window keeps it snug against the window so my 1 year old can't pull it down.)
This piece was a gift from my mother.  I have been meaning to paint the frame and hang it correctly before I wrote about it, but as you read earlier, I've had it for six months now and still haven't gotten to it.  So, I'm writing about it now so you can all enjoy the beauty of this piece!

A few years ago I gave away my Atonement painting that meant a lot to me.  I had put a lot into the designing, meaning, and painting of it.  While I was happy to give it away to a dear friend, I was also sad to see it go.  In honor of that painting, my mom made this gorgeous stained glass art for me to remember it by.  There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about the love that my mom has for me.  Thank you, mom.  And isn't it gorgeous?!

1 comment:

Lydja said...

I didn't know your mom gave that to you. I love it. And now I can appreciate more of it's meaning for you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin