Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Decorating for Halloween

I am so excited for Halloween!  I have practically nothing when it comes to Halloween decorations, so I started to brainstorm, looking at tons and tons of pictures before I decided to make some jar cozies.
They are so simple and fun!  And the best thing, when Halloween is done, only the cozies get stored, so they fold down to almost nothing!

I liked the ghosts so much, I made a Frankenstein and a pumpkin cozy too.

Growing up we had tons of construction paper bats taped up on the walls and windows.  I feel like it's not quite Halloween without them. The only thing is, by the time I was in high school, the black paper was so faded, they were more of an orangy-brown color than black.  To fix this problem, I painted heavy duty (110# Crane Lettra) paper with black acrylic paint.  I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure that they won't fade now.  After I painted them, the bat shape it pretty easy:
Some bats were hung from the ceiling with string and others were taped all over.  I think everything turned out so nice! It's exciting!

4 comments:

Lydja said...

I LOVE IT!!! I totally want to make these ghosts. I think I might actually like the pumpkin the most but I don't really have any old fabric scraps, at least nothing pumpkin ish. I have some old white fabric though so I might just stick to ghosts. I LOVE your work!

Brittany H. said...

Those bats are too cute! We'll definitely have to pick that up!

Brit n' Ryan said...

I love these!!! So cute (all of it) I must make some of those ghosts! Thanks for sharing :)

Natalie said...

wow! Thanks for all the comments! I just love halloween and I'm so excited to share my really easy decorating ideas.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin