Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mt. Sinai

I am in the middle of a couple of different paintings right now, and I LOVE it!  I am working (hoping) to put a couple of paintings into the jurried Springville Art Museum show that is going up this winter.  I also completed several small temple paintings this weekend while I was listening to Conference (p.s. it was wonderful).

But, on a sad note, my baby got a hold of my camera and broke it.  We're not sure what he did to it, but the lens won't retract :(  So while I'm in camera-limbo, I took some awful photos on my phone, yuck.  I apologize again, but at least you get to see something, right?

I don't have it in front of me right now, but it's about 32 inches long and 12 inches tall, solid board, primed with gray.  I'm super excited about how far it's come.

2 comments:

Rachel Chinn said...

Hey natalie I just discovered your blog! I love your stuff! So I have never tried beeswax and have always wanted to. How do you do it? and where can one find beeswax?!

Natalie said...

Hi Rachel! I love using beeswax. You can buy it at most craft stores (Michael's, Robert's, Jo-Ann's), but don't buy paraphin or candle wax, make sure it's beeswax. I have more info on how to do it here:
http://nraevsky.blogspot.com/2010/06/encaustic.html

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin