Friday, October 1, 2010

Plein Aire

I don't know how I forgot to mention it, but about two weeks ago, I got to meet my very very very favorite contemporary artist, J. Kirk Richards.  Not only was he great to talk to, but super nice.  I was able to talk with him for a little bit without anyone bugging me, which was the greatest!  I love everything that he does, and it's nice that we have so much in common (same university, same degree, same teachers, same environment, mostly).
Anyway, he recently picked up plein air, painting, which is painting out in the openness of nature, and painting a whole painting in one sitting, so not letting the paint dry.  Plein Air has a very unique and definitive texture, because the whole thing is painted wet-on-wet, and most people LOVE the "painterly" quality of it, as do it.
Well, J. Kirk Richards just created this beautiful video of him creating two plein air paintings.  It is definitely something worth taking a few minutes. You'll be amazed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin