Thursday, November 4, 2010

Glitter Pumpkins

In my search for Thanksgiving decorations, I came across this post about glitter pumpkins into tea-light holders.  I went to the store and picked up some pumpkins (for clearance prices!) but not only found them to not be fire-resistant ("extremely flammable, keep away from flame"), but they were hollow, not like the ones from the tutorial.  Also, the three smaller pumpkins were in a three-tier topiary set up, so I had to cut them apart.

I decided to paper mache them closed and add tops to the two that were top-less (haha).  You can definitely tell which ones I made the tops to.  Thankfully the second one got a little better.

Then glittered them all up and voila!  Glittery pumkins!  Great for Thanksgiving and Halloween!  To keep all the glitter from coming off, I sprayed them with glossy sealer, and it didn't damper the glitter at all.  I'm VERY happy!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin