Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Simple Autumn Decorations

After putting away my Halloween decorations, I realized how bare the place looked, and immediately got working on a very easy fall decoration.  I'm starting from scratch for most of our decorations because I haven't been married with my own place for very long.  It's nice to be able to make some simple decorations that don't cost hardly anything!

I used the same technique that I made the bats with.  Some of my leaves aren't the best shape, but hey, I can always throw them out and make some more later.

Very easy and cute.  Not to mention, you can make a ton of these and they don't crinkle and dry-up like regular leaves to.  You can use them year after year, as long as they are taken care of.  I pulled out some gold paint, because I thought it might be beautiful, and then forgot to paint some gold!  I have some gold glitter spray that I think I'll spray on some of them and see how it looks.

Now, to hang them-- I didn't want to poke holes in the leaves, so I used colored paper-clips and clipped them to some gold beads.  I hung the beads up with regular ol' Christmas ornament hangers, and it worked great! I don't know why I didn't think of it before.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin