Monday, January 24, 2011

Spring Cleaning Already?

While most of the country is buckling down for a deep freeze, it's been unseasonably warm here.  So warm, in fact, that it's tricking my brain. I haven't worn a coat in um... maybe a week.  I am actually rolling down the windows when I drive because it's too warm in the car.  I know, Crazy!  Anyway, it's also tricking me into thinking it's spring time. 

I don't know what it is, but I really get into Spring Cleaning. I think it was made just for me.  I love being able to put away all of the nastiness from being stuffed inside for months and air things out.  It all started when I came back from the grocery store and as soon as I walked into my home, I could smell it.  You know, that musty I've-been-tucked-inside-all-winter smell.  I immediately opened out windows and fabreezed everything. It helped, but I still had this lingering sensation in my head that I had to do more.
So today I tore apart all of our couch pillows.  They didn't have any pillow forms inside (eww, I know), so I made all new pillow forms out of old sheet scraps I had, washed the fabric, and then cut all the fabric down into fun new pillow cases.  I also took off all of the cushion covers and washed them too and then vacuumed the entire couch.  I can actually burrow my face into the cushions now and they smell so good!  I just love being able to freshen everything.  I'm hoping to get to the downstairs couches and the bedrooms later this week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin