Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Family Trees and my watercolor pallet

Lately I have been pretty obsessed with family trees and all forms of genealogy.  I have been thinking about family and ancestors for a while now, and even made some paintings about it this last year, as you can see here and here.

This last week I have been making these smaller genealogy charts for a church activity and I'm super excited for them!  I think I'm going to put some of the blank designs on my etsy shop too, but I'm not sure. Would you like to see them on my shop for you to buy and fill out your own family tree?

Here is my crazy watercolor pallet. When I first started painting (I was eight years old), I saw my teacher's pallet and thought to myself, "My painting pallet will NEVER be that messy!" Now I think of it as a rite of passage and an effect of creativity. And, it's a lot like friendship bread, where the colors are never really gone before the next one is mixed, and the most beautiful colors always come out of those mixed spots.


These two family trees are personal ones that I've made for my family this last year. Aren't they great!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin