Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Birthday Crowns

It was just over three years ago that I really saw the wonderful potential of a birthday crown. I had imagined my boy wearing his crown for every one of his birthdays, and adoring it for it's memories. I hand-made my first boy's crown just weeks before his first birthday, and since then, all of his cousins have adopted a birthday crown into their celebrations. It's such a great way to make the birthday child more special.  Even though it's not his birthday now, that same 3-year-old loves to wear it around while playing and say, "It's my birthday!"

Here is my boy at the zoo on his birthday, with his birthday crown.

With my nephew's and second baby's birthday just around the corner, birthday crowns have been on my mind.  I'm experimenting with reversible crowns and different shapes (some that work more than others). 
One thing that I absolutely love-- the initial on the front. I think that's a keeper.
What about you? Do you or your children wear special birthday crowns?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin