Friday, November 23, 2012

Art with Kids - Sewing

There isn't a whole lot I can do with my kids when I'm sewing. It is a pretty dangerous place for kids to be, between the sewing machine, pins, scissors, and iron, but while I was working on my quilt, I was able to capitalize on a moment with my boy.  He loves organizing.  Sometimes he's a little too OCD about it, but it some how always makes me smile nonetheless.
So, while I was ironing these fun triangles, he came and sat by me.  It was only natural for me to pass them over to him and have him stack them oh-so-nicely for me. They didn't have to be perfect, and I made sure that they weren't too hot when he got them, and it turned into a wonderful mother-son hour. We have 105 of these suckers so it took a while.

What do you do when sewing with your children?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin