Thursday, December 20, 2012

Easy Geometric Paper Christmas Tree

While we have an official, artificial Christmas tree, our apartment is just too small to put it up this year. And also, with a small toddler walking around and getting into everything, it's probably a good thing that we don't have the room to put it up anyway.  But when we don't have a Christmas tree, or any other Christmas decorations up, it just doesn't quite feel like Christmas.  With this in mind, I made a super easy paper Christmas tree to put on one of our walls.

I started with 12x12" scrapbooking paper, just the plain colors in various shades of green, and then cut them in half diagonal-wise.

Then I started taping the triangles on the wall, starting with the bottom layer. 
I alternated the height on the triangles as I went up to create a staggered branching effect.

For the top layers, I cut a triangle in half, and then in half again for the top layer.
Almost done.  For a little something more, I added some small triangles to add some texture and interest.
 I just added a geometric star to the top. Oranges and nuts below make it seem like Christmas!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin