Thursday, December 13, 2012

Getting ready for the holidays

I've been crafting it up for the holidays. How about you?? Christmas is only a week and a half away! Crazy!
I made these super cute moccasins for my baby from an old purse I've been wanting to cut up for a while.  I've been wanting to get some baby moccasins for years, but we never seem to have the money to splurge on the original ones I wanted from freshly picked, and in order to preserve the utmost respect I have for her, I will not be giving out my pattern. By the way, hers are better and cuter anyway.
I updated and improved my boys' car pillows. I first made them both car pillows before our big cross-country drive over 6 months ago.  They were so loved, that the pillows were getting quite dingy and ripped, so I improved them, including a zippered cover for easy washing.
My sister and I made our own mistletoe this year. While it's not quite as pretty as the real thing, this will have to do. I got the idea and basic instructions from this tutorial, but I used white beads instead of pom poms.
Oh, and in searching for the link I used, I came across this adorable mistletoe headband. Soo cute!
We've been moving around a lot, and each place is a little different.  I'm not sure why, but this is my favorite spot in our new apartment. It's probably because I love the shelves, and the folded laundry looks so nice.  And it could be a little bit about the "tile." When I first moved in, I hated it, but the vintage blue linoleum is growing on me quite a bit.
With babies, I vacuum, and 15 minutes later, this is what my floor looks like.  Everyone's house is like this, right??
Finally put up some paintings. Ah! It feels a bit more homey with things on the walls.  The nice thing, I put up most everything in existing holes.  This is a joy that comes only to those who have to rent...
And lastly, my citrus trees give me a lot of joy.  I was given two citrus trees for Mother's Day a few years ago. They started out less than a foot tall, but when we got them back this month, they were both almost 3 feet tall!  In Minnesota, they'll be perpetual indoor trees, but wouldn't it be nice to live in a place I could plant them outside and enjoy limes and grapefruits off my own trees?  That is one of my ultimate dreams.
How are you preparing for the holidays?  Doing crafts? Making presents? Cleaning house?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin