Monday, April 8, 2013
Art with Kids - Sculptures with Marshmallows and Toothpicks
- you'll go through a lot of toothpicks. I purchased mine a few years ago in bulk for a Christmas project. I think these are packs of 800. We didn't even go through half a box, but if you have more kids, or longer play time, you might.
- tall structures don't work as well.
- don't have a predetermined idea of what you'd like it to look like, and especially don't show/tell the child what you anticipate it to look like. Let their imagination run. (I'm disappointed that my boy saw the picture, and couldn't get that out of his head to experiment more.)
- try adding 10 or more toothpicks to one marshmallow to see what comes from it.
- marshmallows will dry out within a day. You may want to optimize on this to build more on harder marshmallows.