I can't take all the credit for this idea, but I saw a picture of play food recipes on Pinterest with clip art, but since mine is better and cuter, I'll take credit where credit is due :P
Since my play food has been collected from Ikea, Melissa&Doug, and the thrift store, you probably won't have the same things, but take my idea and make your own.
My watercolor were already on my desk, so I decided to go all out with this project. No half-way-mama for me!
1. Decide what you want to have the recipe for. Pencil it all out. I used 4x6" note cards on the blank side. Make sure to include a picture and the name of every item.
2. Color. I used watercolors and used basic colors. Nothing too fancy.
3. After it's dry, go over the whole thing with a black, permanent pen.
4. Erase the pencil lines. Experience has taught me not to erase over the watercolor, just the words. Even if the watercolor is dry, I've had the pigment get smeared when I try to erase over it.
5. If your kids are anything like my kids, you'll need to protect the recipes so they last more than 2 minutes (true story). I used packing tape over the side with the images. You can do both sides if you'd like.
6. Punch a hole in the corner and put the recipes on a ring. Now your little cook is ready to go!
I'm considering putting these recipes up as a free download. Would you be interested?
Send me pictures if you make your own. I'd love to see them!