Monday, September 16, 2013

Fun in the Sun! 2 crafts - Art with Kids

While digging through a box I have of old art projects, I came across this little packet of sun-sensitive paper that I got for ooooo my 10th birthday or so. I wasn't sure if it would still work, but I tried anyway.  My son and I pulled out some of the sheets and collected some fun textured objects, and it worked! The image faded quite quickly, within 2 days it was gone, but it was lots of fun to try!

Another fun thing we did was decorating rocks with crayons as they melt. This was lots of fun, but needs to be on a sunny day so the rocks get nice and hot. Or just place the rocks on a cookie sheet and cook them in the oven. We did both, but tips on the oven-style:
-it's hard for little kids to not put their hands on the cookie sheet
-the rocks don't get hot as fast as the cookie sheet
-I had to keep putting the rocks back in the oven because they cooled down fast
-the smell of the wax paper in the oven was slightly alarming. I'm not sure if I'd use the wax paper again.

Have fun and enjoy the sun!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin