Monday, October 21, 2013

Spooky Trick or Treat Wreath

For years I have been dealing with my old Halloween door hanger and hating it, so I finally decided to do something about it. The last door hanger was created with a $2 budget and I didn't think I could do more with such a small budget, but I was wrong!  This whole new wreath cost me $2!  I pulled out an old oval canvas, flipped it over and painted the whole thing black. Seriously, I've had this canvas hanging around for over 7 years, not sure what to do with it.  The $2 came from a $1 bag of floral moss and $1 bag of glow in the dark creepy crawlers.  Everything else I had on hand!


Then I bought a $1 bag of floral moss. I've never used it before so it completely surprised me that it's all just loose little pieces. Based on all the projects I've seen that used floral moss, I thought it was held together in a sheet or something. Anyway, I hot glued the heck out of the moss and stuck it all around the outside of my oval canvas, making sure to go around it a second time to get all the gaps and the edges.
Then I stuck several glow in the dark centipedes. I was hoping for something more realistic, but when making the decision, I'd rather have subtle glow-in-the-dark over bright colored.  I stuck a little bit of moss over parts of the creepy crawlies to make it look like their coming out of the moss.
Then I finished the whole thing off with a hanging string and painting a simple Trick or Treat in the middle.  Now I'm ready for Trick-or-Treaters!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin