Monday, November 4, 2013

Snowflake Door Hanger

During our move, my last Christmas ball wreath bit the dust, bringing shards of red Christmas balls wherever it went.  In fact, I found my boys breaking the little balls one my one a few weeks ago, and that's when I knew that my wreath couldn't reasonably be fixed.  So moving on - here is a fun snowflake door hanger to ring in the snowy season. I used these instructions, but made a few adjustments.

Using craft sticks (I like the look of the tongue-depressor larger craft sticks but I didn't have any on hand), arrange your snowflake before you start gluing. I wasn't sure how hot glue would stand the uber cold temperatures, so I used E6000 instead, hoping for more durability.

When it's all done and glued, I painted the sticks white and then sprayed the whole thing with spray glitter and sprinkled some large glitter to add shine.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin